It’s officially my 25th birthday– here are 24 things I’ve learned at 24.
As I celebrate another year of life– I must say– the feeling is exciting. In year 24, I’ve noticed many things change in my life. From certain relationships to seeing goals accomplished faster than I thought, and more. I’ve managed to fully begin a career in media–as a journalist, blogger, creative marketer, and digital content producer.
I started grad school, got rejected from things I’ve wanted, got my first cover story, and secured a byline in six different print and digital publications. There’s a steady growth in my blog and youtube channel– and honestly, I’m grateful for the good and the bad.
This year has taught me that I have what it takes to succeed and that any dream can be a reality. Although there’s much more to do and improve on, I appreciate every rejection and stepping stone.
I want to give a HUGE thank you to everyone who supports my journey. Thank you for reading my blog posts and interacting with my wonderful blog followers. To Sheen Magazine and Blavity News, thank you for the opportunities this year.
A HUGE thank you to my mom and sister for supporting my wildest dreams. And to myself, thank you for stepping out of your shell and doing what I knew you could all along.
To year 24, you were tough. But, you helped me grow and work harder for what I want. Another pandemic birthday, but I smile as I reflect on the year.
Here are 24 Things I’ve Learned At 24
- Saying no does not equate to selfishness.
2. Speak up for yourself–at all times.
3. Don’t waste your talent being scared.
4. Let people know how much you love them.
5. Always appreciate your mom.
6. Small wins are just as exciting as big wins.
7. Try new food.
8. Have more family time.
9. Read more books.
10. Travel often (post-pandemic, maybe?)
11. Never give up on your dreams.
12. Learn a new skill.
13. It’s never too late–never.
14. Network as often as you can.
15. Create quality content–not quantity.
16. More self-care days.
17. You can do whatever your heart desires.
18. Spend more time with friends.
19. Smile and laugh more.
20. Always be grateful.
21. Cut off toxic energy and people.
22. Open your mind to changes–even if it’s scary.
23. Year 24 was a transitional year(mindset, goals, and life)
24. Year 25, I’m ready!
Happy 25th birthday to me! It’s time for fun, new goals, and more happiness.
If you like this post, you’ll love My Self-Care Plans For 2022
To learn more about Lashaunta Shanese, visit her website
Please read my latest article for Blavity News U